Full Stack Developer
We are a group of engineers, scientists, product managers, modelers and developers eager to tackle environmental and technological challenges. As a team, we excel in innovative and non-trivial projects for utility and industry focusing on fiber optic technology for remote monitoring of large assets (pipelines, rivers, power cables, furnaces, storage tanks, …).
Core activities are sensor engineering and advanced data-analytics.
When we say ‘full-stack’ it means from the sensor hardware up to the user application end product. We love to use the most recent innovations in IoT and fiber optic sensors. Using collected sensor data, we inform our customers about pipeline leaks, intrusions, anomalies,… We are looking for a passionate full stack developer to work with us on the data orchestration and application development to make informed decisions possible.
- Design and implement automatic import and export of data, as well as data pipeline orchestration for high data loads.
- Database design as well as the implementation of (REST) APIs.
- Front end development.
- Devops tasks to make sure our applications and services can be deployed and maintained with ease both on premise as in the cloud.
- Integrate custom – lightning fast – data visualization in front-end applications.
- Master of Electronics and ICT, Informatics, Industrial Sciences or similar by experience.
- Experience with Python web frameworks like Django and Flask. Affinity with the Python data science ecosystem is a plus. If you consistently pytest your code and you can build a Sphinx website without warnings, you rock!
- Experience on database design, preferably Postgres/Postgis with and without ORM. You still know how to setup a good old query when necessary.
- Basic experience with GIS or GIS web development technology like Geoserver, openlayers,. Will be useful.
- You know how to deploy an application using Docker (Compose) and are able to use infrastructure as code with Ansible. Continuous Integration and automated testing is standard practice to you.
- Your development OS is linux based and you can’t miss version control (git) anymore.
- You have affinity with open source development. Show it to us!
- You have a hands-on approach, are ready to make your hands dirty, eager to learn and have a problem solving mind.
- You are fluent in English (both in written and verbally), knowledge of Dutch is a plus
We fully understand that you do not have experience with all of these technologies. The most important part is that you are able to write readable, reusable and functional code and help us to translate our challenging projects into well written, unit tested and documented applications and services.
What we offer
You got an impression on the technologies we currently work with. If this triggers your interests and you think the overlap with your current knowledge is appropriate, convince us to take you on board!
You will get a challenging and varied job where initiative is appreciated. Technologies and targets do change, so you will be able to learn and gain a lot of experience as an IT engineer. We offer a full-time job in a young and dynamic working environment.
You will get the time to experiment with technology and be challenged to improve our architecture. You will be handling a lot of data.
You will have an attractive salary with other benefits such as pension scheme, meal and eco vouchers.
Interested? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll contact you soon!